Distance Learning For All
Cal Young Middle School and Eugene School District 4J are moving to Distance Learning during the COVID-19 Pandemic as directed by the Oregon Department of Education. This page provides a “one stop shop” for important information for students and parents. Find here resources and links, directives, process and protocols for Distance Learning opportunities and expectations. Distance Learning for All Guidance March 2020 (PDF). Be sure to check back here often as things are changing quickly as we firm up plans to deliver learning online to your students. Also be sure to check the “Welcome” page post feeds and “School News” for timely updates and communication from Cal Young Administration.
Navigating Digital Learning for All
- Students can use a “planner document” to organize google classroom codes and zoom codes, as well as track or plan weekly/daily work. If you would like to use this document, then click here
- Video Announcements
|6/3/2020||Did not complete|
- Daily Morning Announcement Archives
- Suggested Student Schedule w/ Zoom office hours for week of April 13- 24
- Student email access: Students will need to use a web browser for accessing their 4J email. Teachers will be communicating directly with students and parents regarding their classes, timely information, assignments, etc. All communication to students will be through their 4J email accounts. The Mail app on the student assigned iPads does not work outside of the 4J network. Students must launch Safari, Firefox, or Chrome and use their mail through the web browser. 4J Student email link is here: https://stumail.4j.lane.edu/
- Zoom Video Conferencing: Cal Young will be using the Zoom app for instruction, meetings, and office hours. The Zoom app will be on student iPads soon, the app can also be downloaded to home computers, laptops, and smartphones. Students must use their 4J email accounts when setting up their Zoom accounts. Students are expected to follow appropriate Zoom video conferencing etiquette when using this app. Video Conferencing Etiquette HERE.
- Managing Emails- Clean out your email accounts of old and unneeded emails – you need the iPad local storage space! Delete once from your INBOX , delete twice from your TRASH! Detailed instructions are HERE – STUDENT EMAIL MAINTENANCE!
- Distance Learning Class Links (Teacher Online Instructional Blogs, Google Classroom): Cal Young teachers will be using Google Classroom to deliver their course curriculum. Link to Teacher blogs HERE (also accessed on the website “Staff” menu).
- If you need any tech support assistance (for example, if Zoom is not working for you), then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you forget your Zimbra, Google, or StudentVue password? If you forgot your 4J password, then try this! If your name was Jeremiah Jerry, then your username is simply the “stem” of your email address and the password is the first two letters of your last name (1st capital, 2nd lower case), then the number 1, then the last 4 digits of your Student ID, then “cy”. See below. If you forgot your 4J username, and/or need additional support with this, then please email Genessa Waite@ email@example.com
- CY Password Convention – all students accounts set to the following: Example using Jeremiah Jerry – Username: jjerry05 Password: Je1xxxxcy (xxxx is the last 4 numbers of student ID)