Welcome to CYMS Cougar Track and Field 2020
Welcome to Cal Young Cougar Track and Field! This year’s coaching staff is really looking forward to an exciting, fun, and successful season for each of our athletes. In order to be able to participate on the CYMS track team, the following items must be completed and submitted to the main office before you will be allowed to practice or compete:
- Permission Form (White): This form is required each year. It outlines the 4J School District’s athletic team rules, and commits each athlete to keeping their grades above passing and behaving appropriately while at school, practices, and competitions.
- Annual Interval History Form (Green): This form is required each year. It outlines the type of medical insurance the athlete has, includes emergency contacts, and lists other pertinent information. A low-cost insurance policy is available, if needed… Please contact the main office. (541)790-6400
- Physical Examination Form (Pink): State law requires that student-athletes complete physical exams every TWO CALENDAR YEARS when participating in athletics. Therefore, if the athlete’s last physical examination expires before the end of the season on May 21st, 2020, a new one must be completed before any participation, both at practices and at meets, is permitted. Additional information can be found on the O.S.A.A. website (http://www.osaa.org/docs/forms/PhysicalExamination-2017.pdf).
- Cougar Track & Field Program Support Form (Yellow): The form provides information regarding how parents/guardians can become involved during the upcoming season.
- Participation Fee (Paid to the CYMS main office): The cost for the season is $100.00 per student-athlete. We ask that each family pay as much as they are able. There are partial and full scholarships available based upon individual/family need. WE DO NOT WANT MONEY TO PREVENT SOMEONE FROM PRACTICIPATING! Contact Miss Alexis in the CYMS main office for information regarding scholarship requests.
Being part of the track team at CYMS is important in a variety of ways. First, it provides a healthy activity and many of our children needs in our current world of technology and video games. Second, it teaches each athlete the importance of being part of a team rather than focusing solely on individual goals. Finally, it gives our students a chance to connect and foster positive, supporting relationships with people, both students and staff, they may not normally interact with during the regular school day.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the upcoming season! GO COUGARS!
- Eric Johannsen
- Head Track Coach
2020 Important Dates:
- February 19th-Track Season Kick Off during both lunches. Track packets become available in the front office.
- March 9th: First Practice
- April 9th, 16th, & 23rd: regular season meets
- April 21st: Track Pictures
- April 30th: Sub District Meet
- May 8th: District Meet
Click here to volunteer!